Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Quarter 4 Blog 3

I finished the book, and in the end Lily finally did bring up her mother to August, and it turns out that August and her sisters knew Debrah and they were very close with her. August also told Lily that from when she got there she knew that Lily was related to Debrah because she looked like her and she acted like her. After Lily came out with the truth to August and the sisters Lilys father T. Ray came and found them there. He demanded that Lily came back to thier home with him, but Lily refused. Sheked her new life better, she could relate to the sisters and she did not like T. Ray because he would abuse her. I think that Lily did the right thing by coming out with the truth to August, and I think it is really sad that her father abuses her and I think that it would be better for her not to live with him, so good thing that he finally did leave her there to live with them. I think that Lily had better positive influenced living with August and her sisters and Lily was fine also because Rosaleen was there too. I really enjoied this book because it somewhat put things in perspective for me. Hearing both sides of the predujeice againist the african americans back then. I also liked this book because it showed that if you believe in something and want it to happen it can if you put your mind to it.

No comments: