Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Quarter 4 Blog 4

IN THE TIME OF THE BUTTERFLIES
So far in In the Time of the Butterflies, by Julia Alverez, the four Mirabel sisters' early life has been introduced. I have already learned about the Mirabel sisters, so with taking my known information and applying it to what I have been reading I can see the different characteristics in the girls that eventually will push them in doing what they believe in and being such strong willed people. For example, as Minerva is going through nun school she is starting to rebel and become friends with people who do not like their current government, Minerva shows characteristics of being a very strong willed and out spoken young women and these attributes will be shown out more in her later life. I think that having the girls go to school is a very good thing, this way they will be able to get a good education and have many job opportunities later on in life. I think that their intelligence is really shown through their ability to speak what they think is right, with the right people of course, but early on in the book their strong will is very present.

No comments: